“Dr. Thompson is the most welcoming doctor that I have. She is comforting to talk to and I trust her implicitly. I recommend all of my friends and family to Dr. Thompson.”
The most common question I get from my patients is, “Why did you choose this specialty?”
I truly love my career for a number of reasons. Primarily, I get the opportunity to have an impact on women’s lives. I love that in a typical day, I can start with performing a hysterectomy on a menopausal woman to stop bleeding, counsel a college student at her first annual exam about birth control, and deliver a beautiful baby. It is amazing and I feel such gratitude towards my patients for trusting me with their care.
My goal at each visit with a patient is to be sure she has been heard, make her feel comfortable, and to understand more about her as a person than just the medical facts.
- Diplomat, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- University of Washington Medical Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seattle, WA, Residency
- University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV, Doctorate of Medicine
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, Bachelor of Science in Biology